Monday, February 15, 2010

Catch up with Emily Delany

Hey Sports Challenge,

My name is Emily Delany and I went to SportsChallenge Leadership Alliance over the summer of 2009. I went into the program to improve my basketball skills and learn how to be a leader in my upcoming basketball season. SportsChallenge really helped me become a strong voice on my team this year, and it even resulted in me being put in the light on numerous occasions for captain opportunities. Our basketball team turned out decent this year, but I achieved highest scorer in multiple games, my shot improved drastically, and I had the confidence to shoot the ball in all of my games. In my life and in basketball, I am more confident because of some of the relaxation tips I learned at SportsChallenge. I also gained a stronger mentality to sit in a classroom and focus on the work I had to get done.



Athletically, I thank SportsChallenge for getting me into crazy shape for the basketball season and my workouts in the fall. During my basketball season this year, I shot the ball very well and had the confidence to take shots that I would not have taken in past seasons. My teammates, noticing the change, were more open to coming up to me and asking for some help with their game or drills that they could do at home. Thinking of SportsChallenge warm up drills, I showed my team a few drills and in response we were very focused and well rounded. Overall, SportsChallenge in basketball developed my confidence so much. In the classroom and socially, it helped me to be comfortable in my own skin and break out in crowds as well as able to put myself out their to new friends. SportsChallenge was an awesome experience for building leadership qualities to emerge as a team player and by building myself as a true athlete.

Thanks guys! You Rock!

Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment