Wednesday, March 3, 2010

"Come spend a day with Coach K!"


SportsChallenge Coach Kizmahr Grell currently plays professional basketball for the Rotterdam Challengers in the Netherlands. Here is a day in the life of Coach Grell...

6:45am: Hit snooze button on alarm going off for 8am practice.
6:50am: Hit snooze button...again.
7:00am: Wakened by teammates who live in the upstairs apartment.
7:05am: Put a shine on my pearly whites with crest...media might be stalking me again.
7:10am: Prepare All-American breakfast...peanut butter and banana sandwich.
7:30am: Out the door. The weather is actually lovely this morning. I think
to myself "what a perfect day for an afternoon saunter around the
neighborhood." [Editor's note: Most of us have never heard Coach Kiz use the word saunter or lovely but apparently this is the way he speaks overseas.]
8:00am: Practice starts...250 MADE shots. 50 from 5 spots. 100 free throws.
9:00am: Practice continues...go through team sets and lots of defense.
10:45am: Team Lift...I tend to do the beach workout in the middle of winter. The beach
workout consists of reps of chest and abs. Occasionally calves. [Editor's Note: Beach workout?? I thought it was freezing over there...how 'bout some lunges?!]
1:00pm: This time is essential. It's my recovery period. I catch up with shows in the states such as One Tree Hill, Scrubs, Heroes, The Office, The Hills, and the new smash hit Paris Hilton BFF. To stay articulate and to keep up with the witty banter between Coaches Kodis, Molly and I, I also read. I am currently reading Homer's "Odyssey." I also check facebook to see how many friendly insults Coach Molly and Kodis have written on my wall. By the time I am caught up with my shows and reading, it is time to get ready for...practice...again.
7:00pm: The night practices are always packed with fun stuff like suicides and full
court sprints. These practices we usually play a lot of 5 on 5 to get ready for games.
10:00pm: I arrive home and shower. [Editor's Note: Finally!!] Prepare food only to be reminded of what a terrible cook I am.
11:30pm: Fall asleep. Yes, the hard work pays off.

Coach Kizmahr Grell not only coaches at SportsChallenge but he also attended SportsChallenge as a student-athlete!

1 comment:

  1. HAHAHAHA! It's Coach BERG thank you very much! ;-)

    ReplyDelete