Monday, June 29, 2009

Soreness, Goals, and Anticipating SC Games

Today, I woke up on the second full day with soreness and new cramps. However, I had to quickly act as though the pain in my legs had gone away as we began our second Vitamins session. Doing sweaty abs and box jumps for for forty-five minutes is truly the best way to wake yourself up at 7 A.M. After we had gotten all sweaty and smelly, we piled in the buses for breakfast. As a vegetarian, I was worried about the new cafeteria's ability to provide non-meat options. However, the extremely nice chef kindly offered for the rest of the breakfasts to make some veg options for us non-meat-eaters. Not only did I have the pleasure of meeting the cooking staff at St. Anne's, but also to meet Mr. Lonnie, our bus driver.

In soccer practice today, we worked on turns and defending those offensive turns. We also had an intensely competitive juggling game, during which the coaches showed their competitive sides. Due to our very tired muscles, we all thanked our coaches for our extra long stretching sessions. All the athletic sessions today were intense and difficult workouts, but always rewarding at the end. Because today's theme is vision, I worked today with a new sense of determination to accomplish the goals, which I planned out last night with the help of my advisors. Personally my goal for the field is to use my weak foot at least three times each session. Though it was difficult because it was the first day with my goal, I felt more aware of the fact that I should be utilizing my weak foot.

We are all about to head to dinner to refill our energy tanks with various treats. After dinner and evening forum, we are all pumped for SC Games '09 (and white team is going to dominate)!!

Charlotte T. (age 17)
Richmond, VA (girls soccer program)

No comments:

Post a Comment