Saturday, June 26, 2010

CONTAGIOUS ENERGY




I knew today would be a GREAT day from the moment that I walked into breakfast and immediately was asked by Coach Edwards ‘what today was?’ and my fellow co-coach, Coach Holle replied with ‘GAME DAY!”. It’s the day we [the staff] have all been working towards for the past couple of days. By around 3 o’clock tonight most the student-athletes had arrived and the energy was electric and contagious. I remember when I first arrived as a student-athlete in 2006 that I was nervous, but as soon as getting on campus began to realize the great journey I was about to embark on with my 100 and more new friends. Meeting all the new student-athletes was exciting and makes me look forward to the great relationships I have already begun to build with them. After our opening meeting where Coach Morgan introduced the great week we have planned, it was time to hit the athletic fields/courts. After getting some energy out and getting a vibe for the team/family we would be playing with for the next week, it was time to close the day with evening forum, which I remember as being one of my favorite things when I was a student-athlete. At the beginning each program had some loud and enthusiastic cheers to truly show the energy that is already buzzing around campus. From the heartfelt appreciations and red leaderships shirts handed out, the forum was a fantastic way to end the AWESOME first day here at Sports Challenge. I am overly pumped for the week ahead and can already tell that each one of the people at SportsChallenge will change my life for the better and it is my goal to do the same. The good times are already beginning to roll here at Sports Challenge Leadership Academy and won’t stop for NINE days!! Looking forward to tomorrow- that’s all for now- COACH HARE


No comments:

Post a Comment