Wednesday, June 30, 2010

SMARRTE GOALS

Here at SportsChallenge, we teach SMARRTE goals. Not smart goals, SMARRTE goals!!
Kaneesha and Karen describe goals they made for the 9 day program, and these goals are the perfect example of SportsChallenge SMARRTE goals.
SMARRTE goals consist of being:
Specific
Measurable
Accountable
Reach
Realistic
Time
Effort




Today in my basketball elective I worked on post entry passes. Basically, you get around a defender to pass to the high post, and you have to look at your target before you pass, and you have to focus. You can’t waste your dribble, and you have to get shoulder to hip to draw contact, and create space.

Goals:
My goal for the week is to meet two new people during lunchtime, and I’ve achieved that. I think I want to get to know them more now...more than just their name and where they’re from.

My athletic goal is make smarter decisions in passing and offense. I’m going work on that little by little, by paying attention to the little details, and really use communication with my teammates. Knowing who has the ball, and who has which offensive player guarded.

-Kanecia (High School for Health Professions and Human Services, New York) and Karen (Long Island City High School, New York)

No comments:

Post a Comment